This week we took a break from Before Five in a Row.
Every week we focus on 4 songs. From week to week, we only change out 1 of the songs. For Little Contenders, Instead of learning Yeshua Loves Me, I have chose 3 verses of Praise Him, Praise Him. This is the only song that doesn’t get rotated out. My goal is to give my children a love of singing, and to familiarize them enough with several songs, so that they will be able to sing whenever they feel like it.
This weeks songs:
- Praise Him, Praise Him
- Yahweh’s Army
- I have the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy
- Army Song (Sparky’s current favorite)
We finished up the first unit (counting from 1-5) in Preschool Math. Next week we will begin unit 2: Counting from 1-10.
Blossom finished her first workbook this week.
This weeks baskets:
- Preschool Activities #1
- Wooden Puzzles
- Making popovers. I think the recipe is missing a leavening agent, so I am going to improvise and we will try it again next week.
- Watercolor painting. I prefer using liquid watercolors instead of cakes for little ones. The crayola 5 set brushes hold up well to hard use compared to other cheap brushes, and I have been impressed with this watercolor paper.
- Circle Games on a plate.
- Learning to apply glue with a q-tip.
- Art Baskets: gel crayons.
- Artistic Pursuits: Modeling with dough. Making snakes.
Blossom received a play kitchen this week for her birthday from my parents. Both children have been enjoying it. Next week their should be pots and pans coming from John’s mom.